Eureka?

  • Judi Hardin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2006
      You may remember that a while back I asked for advice about finding more
      information about my Meyer relations. Well, purely by accident, I stumbled
      over a Family Group Record on familysearch.org (the LDS site) that actually
      seems to validate my theory that all those Meyers were part of the same
      family. Five of the children in this family have the same names and
      birthdates as the ancestors I'm looking for and one of the people in
      question is shown as having married a woman with the same first name that's
      on the death certificate of one of her children (no last name for her on the
      death certificate). This particular family is from Heimbach, Freiburg,
      Baden, and the name was spelled Maeir. Parents are Anton Maier, 1785-?, and
      Victoria Hogg, 1790-1834.

      So, Ron, what do I do next? I've done a little searching online, and it
      looks like Heimbach and Freiburg are separate towns, not a town and a county
      or district... Ack! I'm afraid my knowledge of Germany is rudimentary in
      the extreme--20th century, plus dribs and drabs as connected to classical
      composers, Great Britain, and German Shepherd Dogs.

      Judi Hardin
      msjh@...

      The misuse of language induces evil of the soul - Socrates