Milek Family Mainz Germany

  • Clark & Rita Pederson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2006
      I'm looking for the Milek Family supposedly of Mainz, Germany. I have check
      most Catholic record there and did not find them but that is where they
      list they came from.

      John Milek born 16 October 1816, died New York April 15 1898

      Wilhelmina Schuck born abt. 1825 wife, died Chicago, IL May 25, 1889

      Francis Ebeor Milek (Franz, Frank) born 10 February 1849, died Queens Long
      Island New York, 26 February 1932

      Catherine M. Milek Scheuermann born 22, Nov. 1850, died Chicago, 3 March
      1933

      Fredrick William Milek born 05 October 1854, died Sturgis, South Dakota, 31
      January 1949

      Martin J Milek born 22, February 1866, died Minneola, Long Island, New
      York, 07 May 1850

      I believe Fredrick came to the United States first to avoid military
      service. I believe he went down river to Belgium worked his way to England
      and then to the US. I think he came in 1871.

      His family followed about a year later according to voter registration
      information.

      I'm not able to find any of them on ships lists.

      They supposedly sold a vineyard to come to America.

      Wilhelmina was a midwife.

      John's Father was supposedly a Burgemeister.

      I'm more concerned about finding them in Germany than on a ship.