Mystery Woman

  • bigred1442
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      My brother-in-law is 22 years older than I. His sister was older than
      he. Because of the age difference and living in a different state, I
      had little to do with her.
      To take a break from studying my own roots, I work a little on their
      family history.
      I've been trying to add his late sister to the data I have but I can't
      find her. This is surprising to me. I can't find her in the social
      security death index. Nor can I find her in the Chicago Tribune obit
      archives, [they've used that newspaper for other family obits]. I
      really don't want to bother my brother-in-law as he is over 90 years
      old and in very fragile health. I asked my nephew about this and he
      can't remember when she died!
      Anybody have any ideas why she's being so hard to find or where to
      look next?
      Oh yes, she never married.
      Thanks,
      Diane