Re: Looking for John BETHARD(S) Father

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2006
      Salem is a small town in Marion County and Carlyle is a small town in
      Clinton County. They are both in central southern Illinois and are
      neighboring counties. Here is a good link to an Illinois map with
      just the county names.

      http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/maps/illinois_map.html

      If you look at an actual map you will find a fairly good sized lake at
      Carlyle. On the Clinton County USGenWeb sight there is this following
      query--perhaps it is your John?

      From this address:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilclint2/queries/query006.htm
      "Surnames: BETHARDS CARRIGAN BREESE/BREEZE
      Submitter: Diane Baldwin (rbaldwin@...)
      Date: 05 Jun 1999
      John Bethards came to Clinton Co from Kent Co, DE @ about age 5 in
      1830. His father died after that, maybe 1833, after son, william was
      born. His name may have been George. John @ about age 14 was bound to
      James Carrigan. Am trying to locate a grave for this Bethards. William
      was living with Sidney Breese/Breeze family in 1850 census. Did his
      mother remarry? She is not listed anywhere."