Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Help Figuring This Out

  • Ron Lahav
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2006
      Hello Laura,

      I'll see what I can do. However, was Joseph Fitzroy
      born in the town of Wexford or in County Wexford. The
      town was the administrative headquarters of the county
      (and still is). Secondly, have you searched the UK
      census records for both 1861 and 1871? These records
      are available on line, and during the 19th Century
      Ireland was part of the British Empire. As for the
      number of Fitzroys born around the same time but not
      being able to find your particular one, this could be
      the fact that Fitzroy is a very common Irish surname
      (ir means 'son of the king' in Norman French). Also, I
      am not sure what you mean when you write that you
      can't
      gind a record of Joseph Fitzroy 'crossing'? Does this
      mean that you have no record of his actual immigration
      to Canada? I would be surprised if you would find any
      records; as Canada and Ireland were both parts of the
      British Empire, people crossing from Ireland to
      eitherCanada or Australia would not have been
      considered eimgrants/immigrants. All you can try to do
      is to find out on what ship he might have traveled.

      Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope I have
      helped in any case.

      Ron in Geordieland
      --- laurafitzroyperry <laurafitzroyperry@...>

      http://mail.yahoo.com