Koppers and Heiny lookups

  • Gwen Koppers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
      Here we go with a few new names for my long and yet not finished family tree. The Names I have I have no clue who the mother's names were but there father's name was Louis Paul Koppers. The Kids names were/are Louis Paul Koppers Jr. Born 1955, Keith Koppers (he was given up for adoption when he was a baby but decided to start looking for his parents (the only parent we share is our father)) Steve Koppers, Ruby Jane Koppers born March 14, 1963, Louis Paul Koppers Jr. (I know this one and the other are not by the same mother) Born November 10, 1967 but he died of a suicide and Paul Daniel Koppers born July 1970. If no info on them that is fine maybe you can give a direction where I can go to be able to find them. I am also looking for information on Louis Paul Koppers senior's Parents names. My grandmother's name was Isabel Gweneth Hampton, her sisters names were Virgina Hampton, and Marjorilee Hampton (but I know that Marjorilee is still alive because she celebrated her
      90th birthday today). I do know that Isabel died before my parents married in February of 1972. I do know that Isabel married William W Koppers Junior. William w. Koppers Juniors parents names were William W. Koppers Senior and Evelyn (or spelled similar to this) Law. But William Jr's brothers and sisters names were Gertrude, Abraham, Madelaine, Minnie, George, Edward, John, Jacob, Peter. While I am thinking of this and I have an open email going I am trying to fix some things with my family tree with the children of Jacob Heiny and Sarah Luntz, the children were Jonathan, Barbara, Elizabeth, Jacob, Samuel, Mary, Phrone, Matilda, Danial, William. I am trying to find out when there birth and death dates were. I have Jacob born on August 20, 1831 and his daughter Barbara being born on October 30, 1834 that would make Jacob 2 years and 10 days old when Barbara was born. I am also looking for any and all information on all the spouse's and there children.

      Thanks
      Gwen
      albusdumbledore_01@...

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
        Gwen -

        Taking the last problem first -
        I think that you have the wrong birthday for Jacob (father of
        Barbara) - maybe the right day but wrong year? In the 1850 & 1860
        censuses, I find Jacob was born circa 1807/8 -

        1850 Adams, Carroll, IN
        Hiney, Jacob, 43 farmer born Pennsylvania
        (), Sally, 37 born Pennsylvania
        (all others are marked as born Indiana)
        (), Jonathan/16, Barbara/15, Betty/14, Nancy/12,
        (), Sally/10, Catherine/9, Samuel/6, Mary A/3, Sophronia/2
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=8054&iid=INM432_137-0304

        1860 Adams, Carroll, IN
        Hiney, Jacob, 52 farmer born "Penn"
        (), Sarah, 45 born "Penn" (all others are marked born Indiana)
        (), Catherine/18, Mary/16, Saml/14, Sophronia/12,
        (), Malilda/10, Daniel/8, Wm H/6
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7667&iid=INM653_246-0176

        And on the HAMPTON family - here are the HAMPTON sisters -
        1930 Dolton, Cook, IL
        Hampton, Paul, head 35 married at age of 18 born Indiana
        - Telegraph Operator; Veteran:No
        (), Ruby, wife 35 married at age of 17 born IL
        (), Gweneth/15:IL, Marjorie/13, Naomi/10, Virginia/8
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=ILT626_508-0439

        1920 Middleport, Iroquois, Illinois
        Hampton, Paul, head 25 married born Indiana
        - "Operator Clerk, Railroad Station"
        (), Ruby O/25:IL, Gweneth I/5:IL, Marjorie L/3+5m, Naomi J/7m
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=ILT625_372-1037

        World War I Draft Registration Card
        Paul E Hampton (born) 7 Jun 1894 Mitchell, Indiana
        Residence: Momence, Illinois (Kankakee County)
        Occupation: "Telegraph Operator, C & E I Ry"(Railway)
        Dependents: wife & 2 children
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=IL-
        1614027-3302

        A possible Paul Hampton in 1910 -
        1910 Clay, Hendricks, Indiana
        Hampton, Cynthia, head 77 widow born IN:VA:VA 10 children 6 living
        (), Charles, son 41 single born IN:KY:IN
        (), Grace, granddaughter 24 born IN:IN:IN
        (), Paul, grandson 15 born IN:IN:IN
        (), Stephen, grandson 10 born IN:IN:IN
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=7884&iid=INT624_354-0528

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Gwen Koppers
        <albusdumbledore_01@...> wrote:

        > ... My grandmother's name was Isabel Gweneth Hampton, her sisters
        names were Virgina Hampton, and Marjorilee Hampton (but I know that
        Marjorilee is still alive because she celebrated her
        > 90th birthday today). I do know that Isabel died before my
        parents married in February of 1972. ... the children of Jacob Heiny
        and Sarah Luntz, the children were Jonathan, Barbara, Elizabeth,
        Jacob, Samuel, Mary, Phrone, Matilda, Danial, William. I am trying
        to find out when there birth and death dates were. I have Jacob born
        on August 20, 1831 and his daughter Barbara being born on October
        30, 1834 that would make Jacob 2 years and 10 days old when Barbara
        was born. I am also looking for any and all information on all the
        spouse's and there children.

        > Thanks
        > Gwen
        > albusdumbledore_01@...
      • Tom Knox
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
          Gwen -

          (Suburbanite Economist?) South End Reporter, Chicago, Illinois
          Wednesday, 1 June 1949, Page Three
          "Riverdale-Dolton"
          "Mr. and Mrs. Louis Koppers, of Dolton, entertained at dinner
          Sunday, May 22, in honor of Mrs. Kopper's birthday, her father and
          sisters, Paul Hampton and daughter Virginia and Mr. and Mrs. Howard
          Rentner, of Dolton, and Mr. and Mrs. Lucien Galloy, of Harvey."

          NOTE: the newspaper is indexed at Ancestry.com as the "Suburbanite
          Economist", but the newspaper masthead says "South End Reporter".

          (Suburbanite Economist?) South End Reporter, Chicago, Illinois
          Wednesday, 5 October 1949, Page Twelve
          "Obituaries"
          "Paul E Hampton 54 of 14345 Oak Dolton a retired railway telegrapher
          died suddenly at his home at 12 55 a m Monday October 3 His death
          was due to a heart ailment
          Mr Hampton was prominent in lodge circles here
          Funeral services will be held at 2 p m Thursday October 6 in the
          Dolton Methodist church Interment will be in Cedar Park cemetery"

          NOTE: the obituaries did not have punctuation, but did have spaces
          where the punctuation should be - possibly either a printing or
          scanning error?