Howell-Lowry-Arnden Brickwall...Tenn.?

  • Patricia Woodvine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 7:59 AM
      I am at my wits end in trying to figure this one out...
      Here is what I have (working backwards):
      (on my fathers Howell line)
      William Wilburn Howell b.May 1, 1892 Illinois (son of):
      Paul (James?) Howell b. 1868/1872 Illinois (son of):
      Harvey Hardin Howell b. 1822 Tenn. (Married to):
      Melvina (Lowry-all var.) b. 1825-1830 Tenn.(?) d. June 4, 1911
      Zalma, Missouri
      Now, according to her death cert., her father and mother were from
      Tenn., and on the cert. it lists her mothers name as: Melvina
      (Arnden)...(I am wondering if it might have some var.like a silent H- -
      (H)Arnden?)?????
      Does anyone know anything about this surname?
      Can anyone help?
      Thanks
      Pat