Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Pictures

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2006
      Hi Pat,

      I've seen that too - people just throwing away valuable family photo's,
      Bible's, etc. I really don't understand WHY and I would haunt from the
      grave any descendent of mine that ever did that!!!

      I hope you will also post this information on Ancestry and Roots Web -
      lost and found and the surnames lists. There is probably also a specific
      website for lost/found Illinois photos, if you do a google search.

      What county were the photo's found at the yard sale? Does the invitation
      have a town & state? Lmk and I will do a little looking.

      There is hope that you will find the owners, I know. About 2 years ago I
      found a message posted 4 years ago about my husband's family Bible! Some
      relative had left it with a boyfriend who had then left it with some
      friends. Those friends held onto it for 30 years hoping to find the
      family! I'm so glad and appreciative that they cared so much.

      People like you, who care so much, are really very precious!

      Susan