Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family Tree DNA familytreedna.com Re: Central/Eastern Jewish Genealogy

  • Ron Lahav
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2006
      Hello Sam,

      I think that the Chackos of Galicia and those of
      Kerala have no connection. I think rhis is purely
      coincidental but I would certainly send this material
      to the people at JedwishGen. As for the use of Old
      Testament names in Kerala, many of the Christians in
      the state are members of the various Syro-Jacobite
      churches, and these names were very common among
      adherents of that church. Also, as you probably know,
      the liturgy of the Syro-Jacobite chuirches remains in
      many instances Eastern Aramaic. So by all means send
      all the info which you have given me, including the
      substantiatingb results of the DNA search, to
      Jewish-Gen; I'd love to hear what they have to say in
      return.

      Thanks for contacting me with this informaiton..

      Ron in Geordieland

      http://www.geocities.com/pakalomattamfamily/links.html

      http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=7148

      q=cache:97W96lb5iZ0J:www.kestenbaum.net/docs/hilites.htm+Hallegua+boo

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Rehnquist#Family_life

      > > > I wish you the best on your searches! At 64
      > years
      > > > old, you are just 11
      > > > years younger then my father!
      > > >
      > > > So from your first posting, I found interesting
      > that
      > > > you are from the same
      > > > place where my paternal cousin's closest
      > paternal
      > > > Jewish relations were
      > > > found. Just look up our common family name of
      > > > Pakalomattam, and his Y-DNA
      > > > results is also given there, that he is Jewish.
      > So
      > > > maybe you are both
      > > > related?
      > > >
      > > > He, my paternal cousin, and I have no definite
      > > > information that says we are
      > > > both paternally related. His family and mine
      > both
      > > > are descendants of men
      > > > who left the place of Kuruvalingadu, Kerala,
      > India
      > > > for two different places
      > > > in the middle 1600's. We both say we are of
      > > > Pakalomattam family. His
      > > > ancestor moved to Thiruvalla, and mine to
      > Kurianoor,
      > > > Kerala, India. (There
      > > > is another group of people who also moved away
      > from
      > > > Kuruvalingadu for other

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com