Sheltons in Virginia

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2006
      I am searching for the Shelton line in Virginia

      I have a lot of information but I am finding some that may or may
      not match. I am trying to verify the following:

      David R. Shelton (b. 1892) married to Martha Patsey Heley (b. 1795)

      Father: Samuel Waddy Shelton (b. 1758) married to Jane Henderson
      (b. 1758)

      Father: Samuel Shelton (b. 1736) married to Sarah Waddy

      Father: Samuel Shelton (b. 1703) married to Edith Clough

      HERE IS WHERE I RUN INTO TROUBLE ---

      Was Samuel Shelton (b. 1703) the son of William Shelton (b. 1676)
      married to Hannah Armistead???

      Some sources (Rootsweb) say yes - Kathryn Morris Brown (The
      Sheltons) does not list him as a son.

      Any help here???
    • Kami
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2006
        I have some information on the Virginia sheltons. my daughter has a
        stomach bug but if you wich to call me I will be happy to read off
        what i have us email me. Then I will send you my number.
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Carol"