How far back?

  • adoptingaroundtheglobe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2006
      Just out of curiousity. How far back are most of you trying to go on
      your family trees? My sister was able to go back to 1490 with one
      relative in our tree. Not sure how she did it. I can get back to the
      1800's mainly from the census reports, unless I luck out and find a
      family tree with our relatives

      Suzanne
    • Gwen Koppers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2006
        I wanting to as far back as I can. I want to see were we came from.

        Gwen
        albusdumbledore_01@...

        adoptingaroundtheglobe <LivingstoneAncestry@...> wrote:
        Just out of curiousity. How far back are most of you trying to go on
        your family trees? My sister was able to go back to 1490 with one
        relative in our tree. Not sure how she did it. I can get back to the
        1800's mainly from the census reports, unless I luck out and find a
        family tree with our relatives

        Suzanne

      • Susan Ball
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2006
          Hi Suzanne,

          Personally my goal is to go as far back as immigration - the 1st to reach
          America in each branch of my family, including maternal sides. That makes a
          lot of people to research and of course it is never done, will never be
          done! LOL But I like having a goal to work with.

          Some I have managed to go back further with, but I'm real picky about
          having appropriate documents and sources - I don't ever take another
          researchers work or on-line stuff as gospel and always check out the primary
          sources myself.

          If you want to go back further than Census records then your best bet is
          to start requesting info from libraries, court houses, archives & such.
          That of course takes time & sometimes $.

          Susan

          On 6/5/06, adoptingaroundtheglobe <LivingstoneAncestry@...> wrote:

          > Just out of curiousity. How far back are most of you trying to go on
          > your family trees? My sister was able to go back to 1490 with one
          > relative in our tree. Not sure how she did it. I can get back to the
          > 1800's mainly from the census reports, unless I luck out and find a
          > family tree with our relatives
          >
          > Suzanne

        • angela
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2006
            Hi My name is Angela i would just love to go Back till about 1864
            to 1866. But i cannot find my GRT Granfather's birth or Death .And
            with out his birth i cannot go back . so i started to go forwards
            from 1887 till 1921 found him in the Bristol Trade Dictionary from
            1903 till 1921 then nothing .on marriage cert for 12/9/1887
            HIS name is Henry Gisborne Age 23 Bacherlor Father William
            Gisborne Gental Man Deceased
            Harriet Hender 25 spinster her father George Hender Black smith
            Children
            are
            Ethel jane Gisborne 5/4/1888 ( cannot find nothing on her )
            Born in Axbridge Weston Super Mare (England )
            George Henry Gisborne 11/5/1890 born in AXbridge )
            Kiziah Beatrice Gisborne 29/9/1892 Death 3/8/1893 (Abridge)
            Sidney Harold Gisborne 22/3/1894 Death 2/5/1894 (Axbridge )
            Kate Gladys Gisborne 23/4/1895 Ax Married in 1914 and widowed and
            married in 1926 and died in 1986
            Hilda May Gisborne 29/5/1897 Axbridge
            John clifford Corbett Gisborne 14/7/1899 Bristol Death
            13/4/1900 Bristol
            Winifred Grace Gisborne 25/6/1902 Cliftion Bristol ( liked to be
            called Grace Belived to have Married A ROBSON )then and where dont
            know ??
            Doris Gwendoline Gisborne 8/7/1906 (Axbridge)
            Harriet Gisborne died 18/1/1949 in bristol snowdon hospital Bristol
            she is the only person in the Grave Canford . this is my relative
            in my family tree. I can not go back any more because of Henry
            Birth cannot find
            the only Census he in is 1901
            it says Birth places Bedfordshire ? but there is know Birth of
            Gisborne's
            This is all i can find no information on Hilda or Ethel Or Doris
            or Winifred
            If any one can help Please
            Regards Angela
          • wwiihero@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2006
              Not a provable time line link as far as a time line to possible ancestors
              but some can go back to the 700s or lower to the 600s or even lower.

              Regards,

              Steven Grace

            • adoptingaroundtheglobe
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 7, 2006
                Wow thats a long ways back. I know I can't get that far back. My
                sister has names back to 1490, only one though but we're hoping to
                do something similar with our dad's line once we receive a little
                more info. I think she obtained from familysearch.org but she hasnt
                verified where the info came from

                Suzanne

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, wwiihero@... wrote:

                > Not a provable time line link as far as a time line to possible
                ancestors
                > but some can go back to the 700s or lower to the 600s or even
                lower.

                > Regards,
                >
                > Steven Grace

              • Ron Lahav
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2006
                  Hello Angla,

                  If you would like information regarding records in any
                  of the areas you mentioned please specify which ones
                  and I will get back to you. BTW, the word is
                  'Gentleman' and not as you have it.

                  Hope this helps.

                  Ron in Geordieland

                  http://mail.yahoo.com