Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 891

  • Peakcat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006
      Hi:

      If you write to the NPRC in St. Louis and give them as much information as
      possible such as your father's name, date of birth, place of birth, and what
      you believe to be his years of service they will probably be able to send you a
      form to fill out and you will get some info back from them. Despite the
      fire, I was able to get my father's military discharge papers from WWII even
      though it took at least three letters.

      Good luck.

      Ina Getzoff