New to List + Love Families of NC

  • az_shinju
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2006
      I have just joined the list and would like to introduce myself. My name
      is Jeanne and I am researching the Love families of Anson and
      Mecklenburg Counties, North Carolina. I have able to trace the Loves of
      Anson back to John Love & a Sarah (maiden name unknown) who would be my
      ggggggrandparents. Time frame would be prior to 1740. Children of the
      union included Col David Love who married Jean Blewett and their
      children were: Infant Love, Robertus Love, Maj Gen Josephus Love, Achsah
      Love, Virtuous Mary Love, Beloved Love, Chaste Ester Love, Allelujah
      Love, Ovid Blewett Love, and Friend Ovid Love.

      What I am trying to determine is if the John Love who purchased 100
      acres of land in Paw Creek township (and was also married to a Sarah)
      with a son named Samuel who married Elizabeth Nation, are part of or are
      somehow related to the John Love above. I also wonder if "John Love" may
      have had two wives (the Sarah of Anson County and the Sarah of
      Mecklenburg County.) It is my understanding also that Anson and
      Mecklenburg Counties were all one county at that time so this is very
      confusing.

      If anyone can shed some light on these families, I would very much
      appreciate any and all information.

      best regards,

      Jeanne