Re: Leonard Frank Clifton TN

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2006
      I don't know if this is them, but in Bledsoe county in 1900 Civil
      district #6 (Frank and Charlie are in #7);
      Robert Clifton head age 54 born m31 5/1846 TN VA TN
      Virginia wife age 47 10/1852 m31 8-6 TN TN TN
      Willie W son age 16 1/1884 single TN TN TN
      Bertha E daugh age 14 12/1885 s
      Lester R g-son age 6 6/1893

      And in 1880 TN Jackson co Dist #5:
      Robert Clifton age 28 TN TN TN
      Virginia age 25 TN TN TN
      Jolus? son age 8 TN TN TN
      Charlie son age 5 TN TN TN
      Lassie(o) son age 3 TN TN TN
      Franklin son age 2/12 Mar TN TN TN
      Manerva Halo (Kalo) m-in-l age 55 TN TN TN

      Does anything look familiar?
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Danelle Jeffs
      <socal_dani@...> wrote:

      > We have hit a brick wall for years. We're looking for any
      information on the parents of Leonard Frank Clifton (AKA Frank) b
      1883 Bledsoe Co TN, also 'Charlie' b abt 1874, also a brother 'Will'
      no info on Will but probably b aft 1883.
      > Frank m. Minnie Bell Shoemate & had 4 children: Clyde b 1904 TN,
      Carl b. 1905 TX, Robert b. unk, Ina Mae b. 1907.
      > 1900 census had Frank living with brother Charlie, and both his
      parents were born in TN.
      > We know in 1927 Frank was working the citrus industry in
      Brownsville TX. and later divorced Minnie Bell (family stories say
      he was a 'ladies man') , then married Alma no last name avail. Any
      info on anyone here would be greatly appreciated. We will share any
      descendant info we have as well.