Frederick Gobat

  • sodas1
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2006
      Would like info on ship. Immigrated from Switzerland. My info has him
      landing in New York Harbor, June 7, 1851. Appreciate any help
    • Ron Lahav
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2006
        Hello there,

        You did not provide me with any information, including
        your own name, that of your ancestor, your location,
        and the name of your ancestor. Please get back to me
        with these details and I will see what I can do.

        Cordially,

        Ron in Geordieland

        --- sodas1 <go1bie@...> wrote:

        > Would like info on ship. Immigrated from
        > Switzerland. My info has him
        > landing in New York Harbor, June 7, 1851.
        > Appreciate any help

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • cag
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2006
          Thank you for replying. I am seeking the name of the ship that Frederick August Gobat came to the US from Switzerland on. I do not know the port he left from. The information I have is that he landed in NYC on June 7 1851. He was born in Swiitzerland on February 6 1831. He is my great great grandfather. Thank you in advance for any help on the ship name. Carol G Hughes

          Carol

        • Ron Lahav
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2006
            Hello Carol,

            If you have records which tell you where Frederick
            August Gobat landed in 1851 that should also tell you
            the name of his ship. Also, in which Swiss canton was
            he born? You should be able to get cantonal records
            quite easily, as Switzerland has not been involved in
            any wars since 1815 and consequently all Swiss records
            have not been subject to destruction through wartime
            damage, as was the case with the records of many other
            European countries.

            Hope this helps.

            Ron in Geordieland
            --- cag <go1bie@...> wrote:

            > Thank you for replying. I am seeking the name of
            > the ship that Frederick August Gobat came to the US
            > from Switzerland on. I do not know the port he left
            > from. The information I have is that he landed in
            > NYC on June 7 1851. He was born in Swiitzerland on
            > February 6 1831. He is my great great grandfather.
            > Thank you in advance for any help on the ship name.
            > Carol G Hughes
            >

            > Carol

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Vicki
            Message 5 of 5 , May 20, 2006
              Are you close to a library that would have Ancestry? they have a
              section on immigration but I am not sure to what extent it is. I would
              look in there for you, but I don't have mine anymore. Also, you might
              check out a series of books called "Germans to America".{Germans to
              America: Lists of Passengers Arriving at U.S. Ports 1850-1897, 1840s}.
              Since you know the date you might find him listed in there. I know he
              was born in Switzerland, but I believe there are more then Germans
              listed in the books. For both of those things you might have to travel
              to a larger library, but you might be able to have someone do a
              look-up at the library if they have that set of books instead of going
              in person. It helps having the date and name. Is it possible to
              contact the person who you got the information from and see where they
              got it?