Re: GenCirlces problem

  • bigred1442
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2006
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "L@..." <lsgreen@...>
      wrote:

      > Not sure if anyone can advise me, but I will ask.
      > I have my GedCom files uploaded to GenCircles, they must be having
      problems, anyone else notice anything?

      > I uploaded 2 new family files on the 7th, it says they were
      uploaded sucessfully, then I get a screen showing:
      > Your file is in the queue to be processed... Individuals
      >
      > Please continue to be patient...
      > (this page will reload on its own)
      >

      > I just checked and I still get this above message when I click one
      of the 2 files. I then tried uploading one of the 2 again, same
      thing happens. So now I have 1 file showing as uploaded twice.
      > Can someone check and see what they get when clicking on the

      Herrin or Snyder files at:

      > http://www.gencircles.com/users/lanaill
      >
      > Thanks!

      It's Friday, the 12th at 7:40 a.m., CDT.
      Just tried at GenCircles for the Herrin and Snyder files. Got the
      same results you did. Yes, I guess they have problems.
    • Jon P Czarowitz
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2006
        I had this same type of problem when using Mozilla Firefox on
        MyFamily.com. It was later corrected. Downloading a Gedcom without using
        Microsoft? Shame on me. It worked fine using MS browser. They finally
        allowed Firefox to go thru. Not sure if this is your problem, but it
        might be. By the way, does MyFamily,com own GenCircles too? They are
        buying many other programs of that type. It is both good and bad. They
        are starting "revising" their sites so watch for a price increase soon.
        Jon
        ------------------------

      • L@nice
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2006
          thanks for the reply, nothing has changed, I have however emailed their support, so we will see. thanks!

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
            Are you using a browser other than IE? GenCircles may be blocking or not
            compatable with others. If not IE, contact the administrator and
            complain. You might try uploading the same with IE.
            MyFamily.com had this problem for awhile, but finally changed. Good Luck.
            Jon Czarowitz