GenCirlces problem

  • L@nice
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2006
      Not sure if anyone can advise me, but I will ask.
      I have my GedCom files uploaded to GenCircles, they must be having problems, anyone else notice anything?

      I uploaded 2 new family files on the 7th, it says they were uploaded sucessfully, then I get a screen showing:
      Your file is in the queue to be processed... Individuals

      Please continue to be patient...
      (this page will reload on its own)

      I just checked and I still get this above message when I click one of the 2 files. I then tried uploading one of the 2 again, same thing happens. So now I have 1 file showing as uploaded twice.
      Can someone check and see what they get when clicking on the Herrin or Snyder files at:
      http://www.gencircles.com/users/lanaill

      Thanks!

    • bigred1442
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2006
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "L@..." <lsgreen@...>
        wrote:

        > Not sure if anyone can advise me, but I will ask.
        > I have my GedCom files uploaded to GenCircles, they must be having
        problems, anyone else notice anything?

        > I uploaded 2 new family files on the 7th, it says they were
        uploaded sucessfully, then I get a screen showing:
        > Your file is in the queue to be processed... Individuals
        >
        > Please continue to be patient...
        > (this page will reload on its own)
        >

        > I just checked and I still get this above message when I click one
        of the 2 files. I then tried uploading one of the 2 again, same
        thing happens. So now I have 1 file showing as uploaded twice.
        > Can someone check and see what they get when clicking on the

        Herrin or Snyder files at:

        > http://www.gencircles.com/users/lanaill
        >
        > Thanks!

        It's Friday, the 12th at 7:40 a.m., CDT.
        Just tried at GenCircles for the Herrin and Snyder files. Got the
        same results you did. Yes, I guess they have problems.
      • Jon P Czarowitz
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2006
          I had this same type of problem when using Mozilla Firefox on
          MyFamily.com. It was later corrected. Downloading a Gedcom without using
          Microsoft? Shame on me. It worked fine using MS browser. They finally
          allowed Firefox to go thru. Not sure if this is your problem, but it
          might be. By the way, does MyFamily,com own GenCircles too? They are
          buying many other programs of that type. It is both good and bad. They
          are starting "revising" their sites so watch for a price increase soon.
          Jon
          ------------------------

        • L@nice
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2006
            thanks for the reply, nothing has changed, I have however emailed their support, so we will see. thanks!

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
              Are you using a browser other than IE? GenCircles may be blocking or not
              compatable with others. If not IE, contact the administrator and
              complain. You might try uploading the same with IE.
              MyFamily.com had this problem for awhile, but finally changed. Good Luck.
              Jon Czarowitz