My Family Research

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 9:11 AM
      Hi,
      My name is Debbie, and I am new to this group.
      I have been researching my family roots for about 8 years now.
      I am searching my mom's family, my dad's family and my husband's
      family. Some would call that genealogy sucide, but it keeps me out
      of trouble!
      The main surnames I am researching are Barcia/DeLuca,
      Maidhoff/Westphal, Oney/Langston. Other names include Cuttita,
      SanFillippo, Ranieri, Burriesci, Bohnet, & Utermark.

      My Italian roots settle in NYC around the turn of the century. I
      believe my German ancestors came to the US between 1881 and 1884. My
      family mainly settled in NY.

      I am trying to find out when my husband's family settled in the US.
      His family names are Oney/Langston, Peacock, Rives, Smith &
      Thompson. Their journies have taken them from SC, Alabama, Georgia,
      and ending up in East Texas.

      I look forward to sharing and corresponding with members of this
      group.

      Debbie
    • finscotswedirebelgengamerican
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010
        Good day, everyone! I have just joined this group only a few minutes ago. My name is Virginia Boone and I live in Florida. I've only been researching my ancestry since Oct '09 when I saw an ancestry.com commercial. I went onto their website to give it a shot, not really expecting to go back any further than my own grandparents. I'm still on today, and getting more information than I knew was out there.

        Most of my ancestors on my father's side are from Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas. I was also able to go pretty far back to Scotland, and some ancestors I have from the Bahamas (I believe they were missionaries).

        My mother's side is not very long in the United States. I can go back two or three generations who were born in Wisconsin and Michigan area. Most of them were immigrants from Finland, Sweden and Belgium in the mid-late 1800s.

        I have compiled many family surnames, but I'll only post a few here so as not to overwhelm everyone: Boone, Lewis, Simpson, Gilbert/Gilbertson, Smith, Luoma, Carey, Tulppo.

        I have hit a lot of brick walls. I'm sure I'll have many inquiries to post later on, but for now I will only post my small introduction. :-)