need help with a birth place... thanks

  • Cindy K
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
      Hi Hope everyone had a happy Easter... I am in need of some help. I have ancestry.com but not very good at it yet.. My uncle died on Easter morning and the family's trying to get the obituary done so it can go in the paper today... they called and asked me if I could find out where my uncle, their father was born... and I cant. but before I gave up I thought I would ask anyone if they could help me..
      His name is
      Jesse James Sly JR born Feb 23, 1933 He is from Mesopotamia right now... in Ohio.. but I cant seem to find any more than that I know I have to not be looking in the right place if anyone could help me and quick I would be forever grateful... Hugs
      Cindy

    • Tina Stedman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
        Do you know who the parents are? You could search the 1930 record for
        where they lived then and then go to USGENWEB county site for that
        county. You may be able to find some info in the archive or someone
        there may be able to do a quick look up for you. Also his marriage
        license may have that info and you probably can find that in his house
        in his files along with a birth certificate.

        Hope this helps a little.

        Tina

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy K" <cklecha@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Hope everyone had a happy Easter... I am in need of some help. I
        have ancestry.com but not very good at it yet.. My uncle died on
        Easter morning and the family's trying to get the obituary done so it
        can go in the paper today... they called and asked me if I could find
        out where my uncle, their father was born... and I cant. but before
        I gave up I thought I would ask anyone if they could help me..
        > His name is
        > Jesse James Sly JR born Feb 23, 1933 He is from Mesopotamia right
        now... in Ohio.. but I cant seem to find any more than that I know
        I have to not be looking in the right place if anyone could help me
        and quick I would be forever grateful... Hugs
        > Cindy

      • Susan Ball
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
          I assume his father was Jesse James Sly, Sr. But it'd be helpful the also
          know his mother's name and any siblings born before 1930. I'll help you
          look.

          Susan