Most Gedcom "friendly" windows software

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2006
      Looking for Windows software which most closely adheres to the Gedcom
      format when converting to gedcom to share files with relatives using
      other Windows genealogy programs.

      Using family Tree Maker now but running into differences with its
      Gedcom formating compared to a couple of other programs. Don't expect
      100% compaatibility.

      Thanks.
    • Jon P Czarowitz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2006
        I liked Family Tree Maker too until they decided not to use the GEDCOM
        format. They think splitting the families is wrong too. Go to
        Familysearch.com and get the PAF program. It gives you the ability to
        send the part of your research YOU want to share and cost is LOW.
        I use both!
        Jon P Czarowitz