good news for Missouri researchers

  • msjhwiu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      I sent an e-mail to the Secretary of State of Missouri to request a
      search for a death certificate--which they found, and I can send for-
      -but they also said this:

      > We would first like to inform you that the death certificate
      > indexes for the years 1910-1955 were made available on our web
      site this
      > after. The site is found at:
      > http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/.

      Cool, eh? They have certificates for 1910-1920 scanned in, and I
      understand they're working on scanning in the rest. You have to
      know the county you need to search in, and it helps to know the year
      the person died, otherwise you wind up searching each year
      separately--you can't enter a search range (for instance, 1910-1915)-
      -but still, I think this is going to be a great help to Missouri
      researchers!

      Judi Hardin
      msjh@...

      The misuse of language induces evil of the soul - Socrates