Re: new member

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 2, 2006
      Have you had a chance to look in the 1870 census for this family? If
      you can find them, you might have a better idea of where they were
      living to start your search for his burial area. If he was deceased by
      1870 perhaps his widow (if she was still living) had not re-married
      and can still be found with the Hultz name in the area where John
      died. Do you have some info on birth/marriage dates--perhaps some
      children names in the household. If the children were still young you
      might even find them in an 1870 and 1880 census and it might lead to
      an idea where they were living. They might have stayed in the same
      area where John Holtz was buried. As you have also possibly found out,
      this name might be read as Hullz/Hulls/Holtz, etc. from that old
      handwriting when it was transcribed for indexing-that might help with
      your searching.

      - In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "honda400f2005"

    • wdavis10@bellsouth.net
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/