Re: WW I Draft Registrations

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      Thank you so much, Suanne, for looking for Claude Daniel CARR (or Claude C
      CARR)'s WW I draft registration information.
      He was born: 24 Apr 1894 in Flint, Steuben cnty, IN.
      I "think" but could be wrong, that it was the Navy he served in. He was
      wounded and supposedly carried shrapnel around inside the rest of his life
      from which he often suffered quite a bit of pain. Judy

    • michael wolcott
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
        Probably Oneonta, NY

        Clark & Rita Pederson <pedj@...> wrote: Judy: There is a Claude Daniel Carr listed:

        210 Front St., Binghamton, Broome County, New York

        DOB: 14 July 1893 Aneonta (?), NY

        Single

        Laborer in Stock room

        Is this your Daniel?

        There is also a Claude D from New Mexico, and Claude's from Indiana,
        Mississippi, Texas, Indiana,

        Clark

        Oregon

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
          I found it Judy.

          Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
          Flint, Indiana, USA
          Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
          Married, caucasian
          Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
          Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
          Medium height and build.
          Filed 4/30/1918

          Suanne
        • eyrecarr
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Suanne" <tuomi2@...>
            wrote:

            > I found it Judy.
            >
            > Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
            > Flint, Indiana, USA
            > Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
            > Married, caucasian
            > Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
            > Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
            > Medium height and build.
            > Filed 4/30/1918
            >
            > Suanne

            Heavens, Suanne. A google search just brought your post up. I
            certainly hope that I contacted you and thanked you for this
            information when I received it!!! It was a big help to me. Thank you
            so much!