Re: WW I Draft Registrations

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      Thank you so much, Suanne, for looking for Claude Daniel CARR (or Claude C
      CARR)'s WW I draft registration information.
      He was born: 24 Apr 1894 in Flint, Steuben cnty, IN.
      I "think" but could be wrong, that it was the Navy he served in. He was
      wounded and supposedly carried shrapnel around inside the rest of his life
      from which he often suffered quite a bit of pain. Judy

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
        Judy: There is a Claude Daniel Carr listed:

        210 Front St., Binghamton, Broome County, New York

        DOB: 14 July 1893 Aneonta (?), NY

        Single

        Laborer in Stock room

        Is this your Daniel?

        There is also a Claude D from New Mexico, and Claude's from Indiana,
        Mississippi, Texas, Indiana,

        Clark

        Oregon

        _____

          > I would very much like to find the draft registration for Claude Daniel
          CARR (could also be Claude C CARR) from Michigan, possibly Wayne or St
          Joseph
          county, MI or from Steuben cnty, IN. Judy

        • Suanne
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
            I found it Judy.

            Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
            Flint, Indiana, USA
            Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
            Married, caucasian
            Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
            Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
            Medium height and build.
            Filed 4/30/1918

            Suanne
          • eyrecarr
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2008
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Suanne" <tuomi2@...>
              wrote:

              > I found it Judy.
              >
              > Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
              > Flint, Indiana, USA
              > Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
              > Married, caucasian
              > Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
              > Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
              > Medium height and build.
              > Filed 4/30/1918
              >
              > Suanne

              Heavens, Suanne. A google search just brought your post up. I
              certainly hope that I contacted you and thanked you for this
              information when I received it!!! It was a big help to me. Thank you
              so much!