Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Seminole War Info Needed

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi Jane!

      I can not tell you how to look up these records yet, but I can tell you
      there were two wars.

      The first was from 1817-1818 and involved the Spanish Florida Seminoles
      which resulted in Spain ceding Florida to the United States.

      The second was from 1835-1842 and involved moving the Seminoles from Florida
      to what is now Oklahoma.

      So the first order of business that is to determine which war he died in.

      Please keep in touch.

      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      Researching the following Surnames:
      Plumstead and Associated Families:

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
        Forrest,
        Thanks for the reply. I'm told he died in the second
        war. My informant said he served as a scout for Andrew
        Jackson. Of course, there may have been hundreds of
        scouts for all I know.

        http://mail.yahoo.com