WW I Draft Registrations

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
      Does someone have access to the World War I Draft Registrations? I would
      very much like to find the draft registration for Claude Daniel CARR (could
      also be Claude C CARR) from Michigan, possibly Wayne or St Joseph county,
      MI or from Steuben cnty, IN. Thank you for reading this query. Judy

    • Suanne
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Judy Ardine
        <downeast@...> wrote:

        > Does someone have access to the World War I Draft Registrations? I
        would
        > very much like to find the draft registration for Claude Daniel
        CARR (could
        > also be Claude C CARR) from Michigan, possibly Wayne or St Joseph
        county,
        > MI or from Steuben cnty, IN. Thank you for reading this query.
        Judy

        > --
        03/29/2006

        I don't find claude in any of those counties. Do you have a date of
        birth?

        Suanne
      • Judy Ardine
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thank you so much, Suanne, for looking for Claude Daniel CARR (or Claude C
          CARR)'s WW I draft registration information.
          He was born: 24 Apr 1894 in Flint, Steuben cnty, IN.
          I "think" but could be wrong, that it was the Navy he served in. He was
          wounded and supposedly carried shrapnel around inside the rest of his life
          from which he often suffered quite a bit of pain. Judy

        • Clark & Rita Pederson
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
            Judy: There is a Claude Daniel Carr listed:

            210 Front St., Binghamton, Broome County, New York

            DOB: 14 July 1893 Aneonta (?), NY

            Single

            Laborer in Stock room

            Is this your Daniel?

            There is also a Claude D from New Mexico, and Claude's from Indiana,
            Mississippi, Texas, Indiana,

            Clark

            Oregon

            _____

            > I would very much like to find the draft registration for Claude Daniel
            CARR (could also be Claude C CARR) from Michigan, possibly Wayne or St
            Joseph
            county, MI or from Steuben cnty, IN. Judy

          • michael wolcott

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
                I found it Judy.

                Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
                Flint, Indiana, USA
                Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
                Married, caucasian
                Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
                Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
                Medium height and build.
                Filed 4/30/1918

                Suanne
              • eyrecarr
                Message 7 of 7 , May 15, 2008
                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Suanne" <tuomi2@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I found it Judy.
                  >
                  > Claud D Carr age 24, born April 24, 1894, natural born citizen, born
                  > Flint, Indiana, USA
                  > Lineman, Michigan Centrl RR, Bay city, Michigan.
                  > Married, caucasian
                  > Private, Infantry, 1 yr, 10 mos Michigan National Guard
                  > Claimiing exemption due to dependant wife.
                  > Medium height and build.
                  > Filed 4/30/1918
                  >
                  > Suanne

                  Heavens, Suanne. A google search just brought your post up. I
                  certainly hope that I contacted you and thanked you for this
                  information when I received it!!! It was a big help to me. Thank you
                  so much!