Seminole War Info Needed

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2006
      How can I find out about someone who died in this war? Is there
      anywhere online? I'm looking for a James Lusk of Franklin Co., Tn. He
      was supposed to be a scout.
      Thanks.
    • Ron Lahav
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2006
        Try US Arfmy Records Center, St Louis, MO.

        Ron Lahav
        Gosforth
        Newcastle upon Tyne
        England

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Peakcat@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
          Jane:

          I was able several years ago to get my father's army discharge papers from
          St. Louis but you have to have info such as his name, date of birth, and social
          security number (if you have it). Also, with some of the new laws you might
          want to indicate in your cover letter your relationship and that you are
          working on a family genealogy project. The U.S. Army will release records for
          that reason when the soldier is deceased and cannot give permission.

          Good luck.

          Ina Getzoff
          Metuchen, NJ

        • Forrest Plumstead
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
            Hi Jane!

            I can not tell you how to look up these records yet, but I can tell you
            there were two wars.

            The first was from 1817-1818 and involved the Spanish Florida Seminoles
            which resulted in Spain ceding Florida to the United States.

            The second was from 1835-1842 and involved moving the Seminoles from Florida
            to what is now Oklahoma.

            So the first order of business that is to determine which war he died in.

            Please keep in touch.

            Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
            Researching the following Surnames:
            Plumstead and Associated Families:

            > How can I find out about someone who died in this war? Is there
            > anywhere online? I'm looking for a James Lusk of Franklin Co., Tn. He
            > was supposed to be a scout.
            > Thanks.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jane Sweat
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
              Forrest,
              Thanks for the reply. I'm told he died in the second
              war. My informant said he served as a scout for Andrew
              Jackson. Of course, there may have been hundreds of
              scouts for all I know.

              http://mail.yahoo.com