Re: [Genealogy Research Club] new member

  • sandra cummiskey
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 28, 2006
      I WILL GET BACK 2 YOU . I HAVE ALOT OF VANHOOSE IN KT. I WILL CHECK ON THAT NAME. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE VANHOOSE GROUP?
      SANDY

      niishwi nepwa mthoothooki <longhairthecurly@...> wrote:
      hello hello

      i'm new to the list, and boy do i have a lot going on.i'm in logan
      west virginia.i'm researching every side of my family, plus the
      families of several friends. i'm having horrible luck with some
      families though.
      i'd be grateful for any info anyone could offer.
      my biggest problems right now are with these names:

      in and around logan west virginia:
      charles edward mayo
      tonie alice meade
      samuel caroll
      margaret maria robinett
      mastin christian sr and jr(problems with wives and children of
      these two.)
      james 'old jimmie' dolin
      christian webb
      charles franklin jarrett

      i think these are from kentucky
      robert lee kiser
      will kiser
      rhoda king (maiden name unknown, 1st m. will king 2nd m. will kiser)

      around boone county wv
      marvin l kuhn
      spicie loftus/loftis?
      robert and edmona ray

      other areas i can't be sure of

      james marion bone (scot/ireland?)
      judy whittaker (ireland?)
      elmira j kitts (wyoming co. wv)
      nathan o warren (orleans co. ny)
      mary margaret van hoose(ky)
      elijah milton delong
      isham daniel m. mary polly borders (ky)

      and did anyone ever find out for sure who hezekiah sellards was
      married to?

      if anyone can help me with any of these names i would be so grateful.
      i would really like to find the parents and family of nathan o warren
      who was married to eliza rockwell.
      thanks!

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/