Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Member Needs Census Lookup/1840 Tennessee

  • Heidi Graf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi!

      I did a exact search and a soundex search for "Lusk" in Franklin County, TN, but there were no matches. On the other hand, there were many Lusk's in Tennessee during 1840, just not in Franklin County.

      I found 31 statewide. Here are their names and locations:
      Archibald Lusk - Not Stated, Smith, Tennessee
      Barton Lusk - Not Stated, Rutherford, Tennessee
      Bird Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      Burton Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      Cyrus Lusk - Not Stated, Montgomery, Tennessee
      Fielding M Lusk - Not Stated, Sevier, Tennessee
      J D Lusk - Not Stated, Warren, Tennessee
      James Lusk - Not Stated, Marion, Tennessee
      James Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      James Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      Jas G Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      Jno Lusk - Not Stated, Mcminn, Tennessee
      John Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      John L Lusk - Not Stated, Carter, Tennessee
      Joseph Lusk - Not Stated, Bradley, Tennessee
      Josiah Lusk - Not Stated, Marion, Tennessee
      Josiah Lusk - Not Stated, Marion Tennessee
      R Lusk - Not Stated, Davidson, Tennessee
      Robert Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      Robert Lusk - Not Stated, Monroe, Tennessee
      Saml Lusk - Not Stated, Lauderdale, Tennessee
      Saml Lusk - Not Stated, Monroe, Tennessee
      Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Carter, Tennessee
      Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      Thomas R Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
      Thos Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      W Lusk - Not Stated, Warren, Tennessee
      W H Lusk - Not Stated, Hamilton, Tennessee
      William Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
      Wm Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee

      Let me know if any of these names match what you may have in your files and I'll send you the copy of the census image along with a transcription.

      Heidi

      pitt49us <pitt49us@...> wrote:
      If possible, could someone tell me the names of any Lusk's in 1840
      Franklin Co., Tn.? There won't be many. The census is online but is
      impossible to see.
      Thanks in advance.

    • Mary Lou
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
        I did an Ancestry.com with no luck

        here is heritagequest for 1820

        RESULTS LIST | NOTEBOOK | SEARCH HISTORY | HELP SearchBrowse [input] [input] [input] [input] Why didn't I find
        someone in the
        Census? Use check boxes
        below to add items
        to Notebook. Click on a surname to view the census image. Sort By: SurnameGiven NameYearStateAgeCountySexRaceBirthplaceLocation Page 1 of 1
        Surname Given Name Age Sex Race Birthplace State County Location Year [input] LUSK ISAAC TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JAMES TN MAURY WILLIAMSPORT 1820 [input] LUSK JAMES TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN LINCOLN FAYETTEVILLE 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK ROBBART TN MAURY NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK SAMUEL TN MAURY WILLIAMSPORT 1820 [input] LUSK SAMUEL TN RUTHERFORD MURFREESBORO 1820 [input] LUSK THOMAS TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK THOMAS TN LINCOLN
        FAYETTEVILLE 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM JR TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM SR TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILSON TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 Page 1 of 1 [Jump to top of page]
        Copyright © 1999-2006 ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions. v6.00