New Member Needs Census Lookup/1840 Tennessee

  • pitt49us
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
      If possible, could someone tell me the names of any Lusk's in 1840
      Franklin Co., Tn.? There won't be many. The census is online but is
      impossible to see.
      Thanks in advance.
    • Louise
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
        I did a quick search on Google and there are several entries you can check...this is the first page...
        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Lusk+Franklin+county+Tennessee+1840&btnG=Search

        pitt49us <pitt49us@...> wrote:
        If possible, could someone tell me the names of any Lusk's in 1840
        Franklin Co., Tn.? There won't be many. The census is online but is
        impossible to see.
        Thanks in advance.

        Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.

        test'; ">

      • Heidi Graf
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
          Hi!

          I did a exact search and a soundex search for "Lusk" in Franklin County, TN, but there were no matches. On the other hand, there were many Lusk's in Tennessee during 1840, just not in Franklin County.

          I found 31 statewide. Here are their names and locations:
          Archibald Lusk - Not Stated, Smith, Tennessee
          Barton Lusk - Not Stated, Rutherford, Tennessee
          Bird Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          Burton Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          Cyrus Lusk - Not Stated, Montgomery, Tennessee
          Fielding M Lusk - Not Stated, Sevier, Tennessee
          J D Lusk - Not Stated, Warren, Tennessee
          James Lusk - Not Stated, Marion, Tennessee
          James Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          James Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          Jas G Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          Jno Lusk - Not Stated, Mcminn, Tennessee
          John Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          John L Lusk - Not Stated, Carter, Tennessee
          Joseph Lusk - Not Stated, Bradley, Tennessee
          Josiah Lusk - Not Stated, Marion, Tennessee
          Josiah Lusk - Not Stated, Marion Tennessee
          R Lusk - Not Stated, Davidson, Tennessee
          Robert Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          Robert Lusk - Not Stated, Monroe, Tennessee
          Saml Lusk - Not Stated, Lauderdale, Tennessee
          Saml Lusk - Not Stated, Monroe, Tennessee
          Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Carter, Tennessee
          Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          Samuel Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          Thomas R Lusk - Not Stated, Maury, Tennessee
          Thos Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          W Lusk - Not Stated, Warren, Tennessee
          W H Lusk - Not Stated, Hamilton, Tennessee
          William Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee
          Wm Lusk - Not Stated, Coffee, Tennessee

          Let me know if any of these names match what you may have in your files and I'll send you the copy of the census image along with a transcription.

          Heidi

          pitt49us <pitt49us@...> wrote:
          If possible, could someone tell me the names of any Lusk's in 1840
          Franklin Co., Tn.? There won't be many. The census is online but is
          impossible to see.
          Thanks in advance.

        • Mary Lou
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
            I did an Ancestry.com with no luck

            here is heritagequest for 1820

            RESULTS LIST | NOTEBOOK | SEARCH HISTORY | HELP SearchBrowse [input] [input] [input] [input] Why didn't I find
            someone in the
            Census? Use check boxes
            below to add items
            to Notebook. Click on a surname to view the census image. Sort By: SurnameGiven NameYearStateAgeCountySexRaceBirthplaceLocation Page 1 of 1
            Surname Given Name Age Sex Race Birthplace State County Location Year [input] LUSK ISAAC TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JAMES TN MAURY WILLIAMSPORT 1820 [input] LUSK JAMES TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN LINCOLN FAYETTEVILLE 1820 [input] LUSK JOHN TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK ROBBART TN MAURY NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK SAMUEL TN MAURY WILLIAMSPORT 1820 [input] LUSK SAMUEL TN RUTHERFORD MURFREESBORO 1820 [input] LUSK THOMAS TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK THOMAS TN LINCOLN
            FAYETTEVILLE 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM TN WARREN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM JR TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILLIAM SR TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 [input] LUSK WILSON TN FRANKLIN NO TWP LISTED 1820 Page 1 of 1 [Jump to top of page]
            Copyright © 1999-2006 ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions. v6.00