Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Naomi Ruth Regan

  • Heidi Graf
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hi Stephanie!

      Here's what I have for you:

      Name: Naomi Ruth REGAN
      DOB: 11 March 1953
      Mother's Last Name: HODGES
      Father's Last Name: <blank>
      Sex: Female
      Birth Place: CA
      County of Death: Los Angeles
      DOD: 21 Feb 1981
      Age at Death: 27

      This is from the California Death Index. I would suggest obtaining a copy of her Death Certificate.

      I have a subscription to both Ancestry and the Godfrey Memorial Library. Godfrey has newpaper databases, but they begin in 1985 in California! :( Ancestry also doesn't have much for Naomi... just her birth and death index files.

      I'd suggest first getting a copy of the death certificate. I think there will be a coroner's report attached to it. Then maybe seeing if you can go to the police department and obtain a copy of the file, seeing you are a relative? Not sure if that's possible, but may be worth at least a phone call to see if you can get a copy of a victim's file.

      Your best bet will be the library for copies of any obituaries and/or articles published on Naomi. Most libraries keep the newspapers on Microfiche indefinitely.

      I hope this helps. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your cousin.

      Heidi

      Stephanie <princesssexyrose@...> wrote:
      I am looking for my cousin's information. She was murdered and found in
      a dumpster. Her name was Naomi Ruth Regan DOD: February 21,1981,in Los
      Angles County, California. If anyone can find information on her death
      in any paperit would be very much appreciated. She had a son and I do
      not know who he is neither. Any information would be much appreciated.
      Please help me in my search. I have met many wonderful people on this
      site.