Central/Eastern Jewish Genealogy

  • shmendrik1812
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hello Everybody!

      My name is Ron Lahav (originally Ron Feuer), and I live in Newcastle
      upon Tyne, a city of about 400,000 located 420 miles NNW of London in
      the North East of England. I myself am originally from the US, but
      have lived in England for over twenty years, and I lived in Israel
      for 14 years before that, I a\m 64 years old, and I am a retired
      Informaiton Scientist/Librarian, although I have done other work
      besides that.

      I am particularly interested in tracing names connected with my
      family. They originated in what was then Galicia, in what used to be
      the northwestern corner of Austria-Hungary but which, having gone
      through Polish and Soviet occupations, is now part of the Ukraine.
      Many of my relatives moved to other paerts of Austria-Hungary,
      Europe, the US, Canada, Israel, and perhaps other places as well.

      If anyone knows anything about individuals with the followinbg
      surnames, please contact me:

      Bartfeld, Birnberg, Feuer, Lachs, or Nagler.

      Thanks,

      Ron Lahav
      Gosforth
      Tyneside