Civil War soldiers

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
      If you are looking for information on Illinois Civil War soldiers,
      there is a new web site that includes names, ranks, ages, marital
      status, height, eye and hair color, home town, civilian occupation.

      www.ilsos.gov/genealogy

      The Illinois Secretary of State's web site also has a lot of good
      information - not complete - but there are birth, death, marriage
      lists.

      Carol in Orland Park IL
    • Judi Hardin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
        Missouri has something like this now, too--they have a number of databases
        online that would be helpful to people researching Missouri ancestors.
        http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/history/#onlinedb

        Judi Hardin
        msjh@...

        The misuse of language induces evil of the soul - Socrates

      • barbara erickson