Beginning my family research

  • Keith Lionel Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Hello everyone. My name is Keith Lionel Brown. I am a member of the
      Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I currently reside in
      Annapolis, Anne Arundel, Maryland, but I was born and raised in
      Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland.

      I am the son of John Wallace Brown (b. 23 Jan 1935) and the late
      Frances Mae Brown (b. 24 Sep 1937, d. 12 Jun 1997). I am starting to
      put my family history together and I am looking for anyone that may
      have any information of the following families in Maryland: BROWN,
      DASHIELDS (or DESHIELDS), HARMOM, CORBIN, and DAVIS for starters.

      I know that my mother's maiden name was Frances Mae Harmon (deceased
      12 June 1997, Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland, 24 Sep 1937 - 12 Jun
      1997). Her father's name was Lawrence E. Harmon (deceased Jul 1981,
      Salisury, Wicomico, Maryland, 24 Jan 1913 - Jul 1981). Her mother's
      name was Margie Isabelle Corbin (deceased Dec 1970, Salisbury,
      Wicomico, Maryland, Abt. 1917 - Dec 1970, name at death Margie
      Isabelle Corbin Davis, married to Ralph E. Davis Sr.). I also know
      that Lawrence E. Harmon father's name was (J.) Ross Harmon ( Abt.
      1880..Maryland, date of death is unknown), and his mother's name was
      Ida (Iddia) May (Abt. 1881,, Maryland, date of death is unknown). J.
      Ross Harmon father's name was George H. Harmon (Abt. 1839,,
      Maryland, date of death is unknown).

      Margie Isabelle Corbin father's name was Jesse Corbin (Abt. 1890,,,
      date of death is unknown) and her mother's name was Grace Parker
      (Abt. 1895,,, date of death is unknown).

      My father father's name was Vernon Brown (deceased 16 Jul 1936,,
      Marland, March 1889 - 16 Jul 1936, b. Sharptown, Wicomico, Maryland)
      and his mother's name was Mary Virginia Dashields (deceased Mar
      1979, Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland, 28 Feb 1907 - Mar 1979, name at
      death Mary Virginia Winder). Mary Virginia Dashields father's name
      was George Washington Dashields (deceased Dec 1977,, Maryland, 14
      May 1880 - Dec 1997) and her mother's name was Lula (deceased Dec
      1965,, Maryland, 18 Nov 1881 - Dec 1965. Vernon Brown father's name
      was Charles A. Brown (deceased 20 Oct 1938,, Maryland, 18 Sep 1861 -
      20 Oct 1938) and his mother's name was Amanda F.(deceased 27 Sep
      1916, Wicomico, Maryland, 1 Mar 1855 - 27 Sep 1916). Charles A.
      Brown father's name was Byard Brown (deceased 1870/1880?, Wicomico,
      Maryland, Abt. 1819 -?) and his mother's name was Mary A. ( deceased
      15 Jul 1885, Wicomico, Maryland, Abt. 1832 - 15 Jul 1885).

      I also know the names, birth dates, death dates, and places of
      burial for some of my ancesters. Any and all information that anyone
      has and is willing to share will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
      very much and God bless you.

      Sincerely,

      Keith L. Brown