Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 802

  • Diane Amory
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      If you know what state he was in you can order his death
      certificate for 8 to 10 dollars like I have done a few times.
      It's easier done on males whose last names are least
      likely to change. It took me forever to find my Amanda A.
      Sanders/Saunders but I was able to find her.
      Trust in God,because he opens all the doors to family!
      genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Immigration
      From: "jztreeclimber"
      2. Re: my mother
      From: Sandra

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:17:52 -0000
      From: "jztreeclimber"
      Subject: Re: Immigration

      Diane,

      My ancestors first papers for naturalization showed where he was a
      citizen of before coming to America, when he came to America and
      through which port.

      Janna

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "bigred1442"
      wrote:

      > I could use some help with the following.
      >
      > My grandfather came to the U.S. in 1903. The 1910 census shows him as
      > an alien. The 1920 census shows that his first papers for
      > naturalization were filed. Unfortunately, he died in 1924. As
      > important as I think it might be, his death certificate says nothing
      > about citizenship.
      >
      > What I'm wondering about is if those first papers filed have
      > information worth seeking and if they are attainable.
      >
      > I'd be grateful for your input.
      > Thanks,
      > Diane

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:15:10 -0800 (PST)
      From: Sandra
      Subject: Re: my mother

      Pat,

      Do you have any further info? It would be helpful.
      I found a Gladys Potter, born 1910, in Indian Springs, NC, father Daniel, in the 1920 Census.

      Was this her maiden name or married name?
      Did she have any sisters or brothers?
      Did she ever live anyplace else?

      Sandra

      pat_belanger2003
      wrote:
      my mother was cherokee she came from cherokeeville north carolina her
      name was gladys potter i need to find her so i can get my papers to
      show i am cherokee