Re: [Genealogy Research Club] surnames

  • nancy J Smith
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 25 7:35 PM
      what is your rogers line
      mine are from nc

      NANCY J. SMITH
    • NormaJean Hedlund
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 5, 2006
        Nancy,
        I dont have alot of info yet but:

        My Great Uncle James Harvey Rinehart b. 10/01/1836 in IL d. 12/13/1914 OR
        married Alcinda Rogers 04/01/1859 probably in OR
        I have info stating they had 2 sons:Willard Edward and Harvey Clay
        They ran a flour mill in "Rinehart Cillage" Union County OR\
        Also: My sister Shirley Ann Rinehart (adopted last name Buchman)
        b. 02/21/1945 Juneau, Alaska married Jimmy Darrel Rogers on March 25, 1960 Portland, OR
        His bd:Dec. 27, 1938 Portland. OR HIs parents were Ewel James Rogers and Pat Hazel Free

      • Caroline
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
          I am researching
          McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
          from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
          one else researching these lines?
        • joanne
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Caroline"
            <caroline103@...> wrote:

            > I am researching
            > McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell
            all
            > from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
            > one else researching these lines?

            I have a small few of Russells in my search. I live in New England.
          • elizabeth stratton
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
              RESEARCHING MY MAIDEN NAME OF HORTON,ONLY AT GRANDFATHER BORN IN BERMONDSEY LONDON, 1907, anyone else researching Horton? I am going home to wales for a visit soon and going to do some digging around and asking asking questions,

              Also i am planning on going to London to see if i can go and buy birth, marriage and death certificates, of my ancestors, anyone done anything like this, and if so what info do i need before hand

              THANK YOU

              Elizabeth Horton-stratton

              you will always miss 100% of the shots you never take
              "Wayne Gretzky"

            • Mary E. Conley
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 2, 2008
                I have:

                2 McLACHLAN's: Elizabeth & Lachlan;

                14 SCOTT's: Hannah Susan b.1801, J. E. b.abt.1826, Jennie Eads b.1856, W. George b.abt.1862, other 10 are living mostly in Calif;
                3 CARTER's: Alma b.24 Feb 1897, Emily Caroline d.28 Mar 1940, William b.abt 1870;

                11 PARKER's: John b.31 Oct 1866, Margaret Ellen b.abt1860, Martha b.abt 1790, Mary Jane (Polly) b.abt.1847, Parcy b.abt.1845, other 6 living;

                1 SPEAR: G. B. b.abt.1875

                33 RUSSELL's: Agnes Florine b. 1 Aug 1891, Alva Lavere 26 Aug 1906, Annie Eliza 23 Oct 1867, Benjamin F. b.abt. 1835, Brigham Young b.29 Mar 1854, Cloyd Ellis b.16 Oct 1908, Cyril Glenn b.30 Dep 1897, Daniel Wells b.17 Feb 1864, David Ross b.19 Mar 1887, Earl LaMont b.25 Jan 1900, Elizabeth Vickery b.9 Sep 1862, Ethel Azalea b.12 Apr 1894, Floyd Charles b.1903, Gladys Lucille b.30 May 1896, Grover b.abt. 1894, Heber Chase Kimball b. 27 Sep 1859, Hyrum Smith b.22 Nov 1861, Isaac James b.10 Jun 1866, John Clifford b.28 Nov 1884, John T. b. 27 Jan 1856, Joseph Smith b.23 Dec 1857, Lee b.abt 1920, Marcus b.abt.1815, Virgil b.abt.1920, William Greenwood b.abt.1786, William Melvin b.15 Dec 1888; other 6 are living;

                Hope someone else connects to these individuals. Contact me at jonesfamily1952@... Mary

                Caroline <caroline103@...> wrote:
                I am researching
                McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
                from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                one else researching these lines?

              • maryann
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 13, 2008
                  I have a list of family names of Johnston co, NC I'd like some help
                  with. But this is also shared info for the ones looking for these
                  surnames. Some of the info came from Sampson Co. Historical Society
                  The Turley family I am hitting a brick wall . I don't know anything
                  about Richard and where he came from or his parents, I do have a handed
                  down story but I am not sure its factual. I would like to try and find
                  info on this family if possible. It is possible he came from Ireland(
                  the part of the story he was kidnapped from there and was in VA for a
                  time) And the children out of wedlock? what about these, isn't
                  commonlaw in those times? I have a whole lot of gaps that I sure would
                  like to find info on any or all of these names. Any help is greatly
                  appreciated. Mary Grether Richard Turley m Mary Peal 1788 Children:
                  Thomas b1793 m #1 Patience Brady in 1819 #2 Ridley Ellis in 1858
                  Thomas may have moved to Tenn, his son may have een a judge Richard
                  Turley b 1801 m Elizabeth Farrar sons William, m Elizabeth Holland
                  children: Catherine m William Farrar #2 Jamey Braddy Zelphia m James
                  Hilliard Judith had children but unkn father Viney ( had anout of
                  wedlock child, name unknwn) later m James Smith Grace Turley (several
                  out of wedlock children) my ggreat grandfather( not sure of this)Samuel
                  Mosley( Moses) b 1812 Penny m Matthew Higgs(Hicks) Sanford m Elizabeth
                  Swearigen Samuel Moses was bound to be an Apprentice to Ruben Dodd he
                  died 1866 he married Lively Ellis they had Candice m Charles W Lee
                  Eugenia m Issac Dodd JOel B m ? Mary E m? Indiana m? Ridley Penelope m
                  John Calvin Jones
                  ........................................................................\
                  .......................... Wiley R Parrish m Caroline Lassiter(Reddish)
                  James Atlas Parrish b 1870 d 1918 married Etta Jones b 1873 d 1950
                  children Maude b 1898 m Ashley Mcelveen d 1980 ( had two children)
                  Maggie b 1898 m Fred Gooch d 1990 (had 7 children) Talmadge b1900
                  mLOttie Talton Dexter b1906 m Letah Garris Robert Wiley b 1914 b Annie
                  Woodard Jessie b 1910 m ?
                  Calvin Jones b 1841 d 1914 (his father was william Jones/ mother Sally
                  Simpkins) m Penny Turley b 1849 d 1900 Children Delia b 1870 m Neil
                  Spencer( or Spence) #2 Williams(?) Etta b 1872 m James Atlas Parrish
                  John W M (Col.) b 1874 m Nancy Ellis Nellie b 1877 d before 1900 Maor b
                  1880 m Alma Adams Jessie b 1883 (?) Herman b 1887 m (?) Hubert b 1891 m
                  Eva Wilder