Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Not sure where to start

  • Elizabeth Duszak
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2006
      Yes, my grandmother lived in Poland. Her name was Bronislawa Lach and she passed away August of 2001. Her maiden name would have been Wlodarski. I don't know what her husbands name was. My father's family name is Duszak and his name is Stanislaw Duszak, he was born 2/17/44. Would any of this information help?

      Please let me know.

      Thank you,
      Elizabeth

      declawed_duchess <declawed_duchess@...> wrote:
      Elizabeth

      I have some UK data bases (not sure if it will help, but we'll try)

      First and last names would help of your grandparents. I take it your
      grandmother lived in another country? Any information would help
      in starting.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Duszak
      <hopestarrblue@y...> wrote:

      > That's great. I appreciate the assistance. However, I don't know
      what "time frame" to start with. I only know that my grandmother died
      in 2001 and the last time she was visiting in the US and staying with
      us was in 1987-1989.

      > Elizabeth
      >
      > declawed_duchess <declawed_duchess@y...> wrote:
      > Sure no problem. I have all the data bases on Ancestry.com.
      Just e-
      > mail the information (names) you would like searched and approx
      time
      > frames. I will post all the information I find for you.
      >
      > Duchie
      > sacslc@s...
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
      > <hopestarrblue@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm here to get ideas on where to start and how to go about the
      whole
      > > geonology search. I know that my family names are Lach, Wlodarski
      and
      > > Duszak--all originating from Poland. I performed a search on
      > > Anscestry.com and found that my grandmother's name on my mother's
      > side
      > > is listed, but without registering, I may find a dead-end. I
      don't
      > > have the funds available to me to join many of these "premium"
      > > services. Is there anyone that can assist?
      > >
      > > Thank you.

      > General liability American generals Family
      genealogy Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy
      information

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > Elizabeth

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2006
        Elizabeth:

        Here is what shows on ancestry.com:

        1) Social Security Death Index Information:

        Name: Bronislawa Lach

        SSN: 058-48-8013

        Last Residence: 11230 Brooklyn, Kings, New York

        Born: 16-Nov-14

        Died: 19-Aug-01

        State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1970 )

        2) Philadelphia Passenger Lists 1883-1945:

        Name: Bronislawa Lach

        Arrival Date: 5 July 1913

        Age: 20 years

        Estimated Birth 1893

        Gender: Female

        Eithnic Background Polish

        Port of Departure: Bremen, Germany

        Ship Name Frankfurt

        Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

        Friend's Name: Francisek Lach

        Last Residence: Russia

        Birthplace: Dabrzanke, Russia

        Microfilm # 117

        The birthdate doesn't match. Could it be an ancestor for which your mother
        was named after??

        3) Ancestor World Tree:

        Name: Bronislawa Lach

        Date of Birth 24 Oct 1897

        Place of Birth Lodz, Poland

        Death 16 AUG 1987 in Kcynia, Poland

        Spouse: Leon Szczypiorski

        4) One World Tree:

        More entries with ancestors of Leon Szczypiorski

        Checking the Census for Wlodarski there doesn't seem to be a Bronislawa.
        Did she use another more Americanized name also? Do you know any brother
        or sister's names or her parent's name?

        In 1930 there is a Helen born in 1914 living in Charlton, Saratoga, New
        York with a sister Jane and parents Eleanor & Theodore Wlodarski

        Clark

        Oregon

        Yes, my grandmother lived in Poland. Her name was Bronislawa Lach and she
        passed away August of 2001. Her maiden name would have been Wlodarski. I
        don't know what her husbands name was. My father's family name is Duszak
        and his name is Stanislaw Duszak, he was born 2/17/44. Would any of this
        information help?

        Please let me know.

        Thank you,
        Elizabeth

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
        > <hopestarrblue@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm here to get ideas on where to start and how to go about the
        whole
        > > geonology search. I know that my family names are Lach, Wlodarski
        and
        > > Duszak--all originating from Poland. I performed a search on
        > > Anscestry.com and found that my grandmother's name on my mother's
        > side
        > > is listed, but without registering, I may find a dead-end. I
        don't
        > > have the funds available to me to join many of these "premium"
        > > services. Is there anyone that can assist?
        > >
        > > Thank you.

        > Elizabeth

      • angela
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2006
          Your public library has premium access to ancestry.com. Thats a great
          place to start. Another thing is to check ancestr.com msg boards.
          Thats free. I found out that one person on my famlily tree has a ton
          of people looking for the same info. You can also do the same on
          genealogy.com. Another thing is do an exact search on google or
          another search engine. Put quotes around a name and see if that name
          appears in any web pages.
          Hope this helps

          <hopestarrblue@y...> wrote:

          > I'm here to get ideas on where to start and how to go about the whole
          > geonology search. I know that my family names are Lach, Wlodarski and
          > Duszak--all originating from Poland. I performed a search on
          > Anscestry.com and found that my grandmother's name on my mother's side
          > is listed, but without registering, I may find a dead-end. I don't
          > have the funds available to me to join many of these "premium"
          > services. Is there anyone that can assist?
          >
          > Thank you.

        • Elizabeth Duszak

            Yes, my grandmother lived in Poland. Her name was Bronislawa Lach and she
            passed away August of 2001. Her maiden name would have been Wlodarski. I
            don't know what her husbands name was. My father's family name is Duszak
            and his name is Stanislaw Duszak, he was born 2/17/44. Would any of this
            information help?

            Please let me know.

            Thank you,
            Elizabeth

            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
            > <hopestarrblue@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm here to get ideas on where to start and how to go about the
            whole
            > > geonology search. I know that my family names are Lach, Wlodarski
            and
            > > Duszak--all originating from Poland. I performed a search on
            > > Anscestry.com and found that my grandmother's name on my mother's
            > side
            > > is listed, but without registering, I may find a dead-end. I
            don't
            > > have the funds available to me to join many of these "premium"
            > > services. Is there anyone that can assist?
            > >
            > > Thank you.

            > Elizabeth

          • Tina
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2006
              Hello Elizabeth!!

              I had some good luck with the phone books.
              Such as the Lithuanian Phone book.
              I found many Joneikis there. I did write many. But I found that many
              cannot speak English. So I figure the letters where thrown out.
              Im sure they have the Poland Phone books on the net also.

              I Got alot of information with the German Government Archives.
              But for a fee.
              Also a letter from the Lithuanian Archive. They wanted a fee also. I
              did not pay it though. At least not yet.
              For any Lithuanian researching
              there address to the archive is
              Lietuvos Valstybes
              Istorijos Archyvas
              Gerosios Vilties 10 2009 Vilnius
              Lietuves Republic Lithuania
              Not sure if it changed because I got the letter 5 years ago.
              Tina:)
              I love to research!!