New member here :)

  • tryintowinbig
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hello all, My name is Cynthia and I am new to this group. I have a
      long list of surnames I am researching, which I will post soon.
      Right now I am working on a puzzler that I am trying to figure out.
      I was researching my ggrandmother and found her on a census, but
      with a last name I didn't recognize. Her name was Frieda Loeschner,
      parents Henry and Lena Loeschner. On the 1920 census, her last name
      was listed as Bandy. So was the last name of my grandfather, her
      son. This was a married name (listed as married on census), though
      I don't know a first name for him. All I know is he was from Texas
      (my ggrandmother and family were living in Matagorda County, Texas
      in the 1910's). In 1930, she is listed as wife of Thurman Clubb
      (the ggrandfather I knew of) and her son is listed as Clubb as
      well. Son's name was Lawrence Henry, born in 1918. I am trying to
      find the identity of this unknown Bandy, and what happened to him.
      They would have been married probably in 1917. Possibly he went to
      war and was killed, or something like that.....not really sure.
      Also trying to find out about Thurman Clubb. Can't seem to find him
      before 1930. He was born 5 feb 1893 in Missouri and died in 1961, I
      think in Arizona, though he is buried in St. Louis. If anyone can
      help, I would be so grateful.

      Cynthia Murray
      cmurray71@...