Looking for an excel to gedcom converter

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2005
      Looking for an excel to gedcom converter.

      Found plenty of gedcom to excel converters-but not the other way.

      Would like to send an excel data sheet out to relatives to fill in and
      send back. I can then convert it to Gedcom and import into Family Tree
      Maker.

      Trying to avoid all that data entry .

      Is there a better way to accomplish this?
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
        created an excel spreedsheet to mimic the gedcom format. Looks like this:

        http://x.vsm.net/dan_lyon/FAM.HTM

        I save the column as a .ged and open it in FTM. It works !

        I will send this out to all the relatives-let them fill it out-and the
        rest should be easy (G).

        Any suggestions would be appreciated.