Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Ancestry Lookup Request-1850 US Census- John or James MAY

  • Heidi Graf
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2005
      I was wondering if anyone could find a John or James MAY and his 8 or 9 year old son Frank (could also be Francis) in the 1850 US Census in either Berlin, Stephentown, or Steuben, NY. I guess by 1850, they could be anywhere in the state of NY, but Frank was born in 1841 in Stephentown. They traveled to Michigan by 1860 but the key here is that the BELL, LAUNDREE/LANDRY/LANDRE, and MAY families all traveled together from Quebec, Canada to New York then to Michigan (by 1860), as found in the 1840 and 1850 census'.

      I'm trying to find the connection between the 70 year old James MAY and his 60 year old wife, Louisa, and my gggg-grandfather, Frank MAY, son of John or James MAY of Canada. James MAY and Louisa were found living on the same stretch of land as the BELL and LANDRY families in Allegan County, MI in the 1860 census, which to me is more than just a coincidence. Any info confirming my theory that Frank MAY is the son of James and Louisa MAY in the 1860 census would be very much appreciated.

      Thanks guys!

      jbaconsr <jbaconsr@...> wrote:
      1850 NY Rensseler co. Berlin
      Joseph Laundree age 34 Colier? occupation born Conn.
      Margeret age 23 born Conn.
      Margeret age 4 born NY
      Peter age 7/12 born NY
      Adelia Bell age 12 born NY
      Lewis Granville age 35 Colier born Conn.
      I'll check 1840 next.

      --- In
      genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "familybranchesgenealogy"
      <familybranchesgenealogy@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone!
      > I don't have access to Ancestry right now, but I'm looking for
      > that can do a lookup and send me the original census image. Since
      > don't have a subscription to Ancestry, you cannot send me a
      > you would have to save the image to your computer then attach it
      > an email.
      > 1850 United States Federal Census Record
      > Census
      > Name: Joseph Laundree
      > Birth: abt 1816 - location
      > Residence: 1850 - city, Rensselaer, New York
      > I'd also be interested in seeing his New York census record for
      > if possible, since he immigrated to the US in 1835. His name
      > be spelt in any variation of Landry, Landre, Lanndre, Lanndry,
      > Laundry, Laundoy, etc.
      > Thanks for all the wonderful help you guys offer here!
      > Heidi

      Do You Yahoo!?