Re: EYREs

  • bigred1442
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2005
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Judy Ardine
      <downeast@c...> wrote:

      > Whoops! I must have been dreaming here 'cause I sure missed this
      post first
      > time around!! Diane, which branch of the EYRE family in the USA
      are you
      > researching? I am a direct descendent of the Robert EYRE b: 30 Jan
      1649 who
      > settled in Bethel twp, Chester (now Delaware) county, PA c1682.
      Would be
      > delighted to compare and share info!!
      >
      > Judy

      Sorry, Judy my Eyres connection is William Eyres, my
      g,g,g,grandfather, who is first found in Rockbridge County, Virginia
      about 1785. He later changed from Eyres to Ayres, as we've been ever
      since. Before Virginia, he and his wife, Nancy Grigsby, were in
      Ulster County, Ireland.
      I'm trying hard to make the leap to their Ulster existence. Perhaps
      we all connect when we figure out the U.K. beginnings.

      Diane Ayres