Re: [Genealogy Research Club] UK family history

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 20, 2005
      I hope that the British researchers will stay on this list. You could
      probably help us as much as we help you. My **brick wall** is my 4X
      g-grandfather James PLUMSTEAD. The earliest record that I have is his
      marriage to Ann SIMPSON in 1780. From what I have heard about his will (I
      ordered that in July still waiting for it to come in.) he was born abt 1758
      place unknown. He was bur 10 July 1828 Lincolnshire, Winteringham, All
      Saints. Although he and his children and grandchildren stayed in the
      Lincolnshire and Yorkshire counties, the family originally settled in Kent
      and Norfolk Cos., in 1066 from Normandy. He did have one child in Norwich,
      Norfolk. All of the others were born in Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire.
      Perhaps SKS in England might be able to look at the records there and solve
      this mystory. I've already tried IGI free BMD, and freeCen. I'm open to any
      and all suggestions.

      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      Researching the following Surnames:
      Plumstead and Associated Families:

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 27, 2005
        i am from the uk as well i live in Bristol
        if we uk lot sticks together we might be able to help each other out
        Regards Angela

      • WouterHobé
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 29, 2005
          If you can get me in contact with any Hobé's in the UK I would be most grateful.
          They originated in Brittany/Normandy and went all over the world, including Holland, which is my ancestry. Walter Hobé.