looking for Griffin

  • Rhonda
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
      I have Richard Griffin 1802 m. Margaret Pinson 1835, looking for their children and Richard's parents..any help appreciated!

      Rhonda
      "Love me, Love my Great Dane"

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
        Rhonda:

        Do you have a location where Richard and Margaret they lived? The more
        clues you give the easier it is for someone to help. Any children names or
        parent's name as a start or clue?

        I use ancestry.com It is a little expensive but they do have lots of
        information and adding more daily. You can customize your access to reduce
        the cost. You can also try the 14 day free trial some time when you have a
        couple of weeks to do some heavy research.

        Clark

        Oregon

        _____

        I have Richard Griffin 1802 m. Margaret Pinson 1835, looking for their
        children and Richard's parents..any help appreciated!

        Rhonda
        "Love me, Love my Great Dane"

        http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
        &siteid=18621718

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

        be>

        _____

      • Rhonda
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
          What I have as possible info on Richard Griffin is b. 1802 Margaret Pinson b. 1803, married in 1835 VA.
          Children:
          Sarah b. 1836 married Franklin Westmoreland
          Margaret b. 1837
          more children???

          I have tried ancestry.com with the free trial but every hit I get when I go to dig deeper it is paid information, so can't get to it. :(

          Thanks for your help!!!

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
            <snip>I use ancestry.com It is a little expensive but they do have lots of
            > information and adding more daily. You can customize your access to
            reduce
            > the cost. You can also try the 14 day free trial some time when you have
            > couple of weeks to do some heavy research.<snip>

            If you have a Family History Center at the local LDS which has internet
            access, they have access to some or all of Ancestry.com also.

            Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
            Researching the following Surnames:
            Plumstead and Associated Families:

            > Do you have a location where Richard and Margaret they lived? The more
            > clues you give the easier it is for someone to help. Any children names
            or
            > parent's name as a start or clue?
            >
            > I use ancestry.com It is a little expensive but they do have lots of
            > information and adding more daily. You can customize your access to
            reduce
            > the cost. You can also try the 14 day free trial some time when you have
            > couple of weeks to do some heavy research.
            >
            > Clark
            >
            > Oregon
            >

            > _____

          • Clark & Rita Pederson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
              Rhonda:

              I did quite a bit of searching on ancestry. Unfortunately Richard and
              Margaret Griffin are fairly common names (our brick wall ancestor seem to
              always have common names) and you don't have many details to nail them down
              to a location. The closest I can come up with is (and this doesn't match
              your ages):

              <http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/list.aspx?dbid=8054&path=> 1850 United
              States Federal Census >
              <http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/list.aspx?dbid=8054&path=Virginia>
              Virginia >
              <http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/list.aspx?dbid=8054&path=Virginia.Halif
              ax> Halifax > Southern District on Oct 17 1850

              Richard Griffin age 68 Occupation Planter Born in VA

              Margaret 67 VA

              James 16 Occupation None VA

              Sarah 16 VA

              Margaret 13 VA

              Elizabeth 9 VA

              John S 7 VA

              Neighbors to Hampton & Jane Griffin and children Jane, Eliza, Nancy,
              William, Lucy, David, and James E (if I can read the handwriting)

              I would recommend continuing to dig up information on the most recent
              ancestor you know and try to gather more information: cities and counties
              of birth, exact dates, names of siblings and their information. When I
              can't find enough information on my relative I take a sibling and track
              their information. Sometimes that will lead you to information about their
              common parent. Seek birth certificates, death certificates, marriage
              certificates looking for parent's names and locations. Having a city and
              county helps if they stayed in the area a long time. Then you have a
              chance at cemetery records and tombstone information for death information.

              Keeping looking, it is a life long hobby. Good Luck.

              Clark

              Oregon

              _____

              I have Richard Griffin 1802 m. Margaret Pinson 1835, looking for their
              children and Richard's parents..any help appreciated!

              Rhonda
              "Love me, Love my Great Dane"

              http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
              <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
              <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
              &siteid=18621718>
              &siteid=18621718

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

              be>

              _____

              http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
              <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
              &siteid=18621718

              Service.

              http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
              <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
              &siteid=18621718

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

              be>

              _____

            • Jon P Czarowitz
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2005
                In looking for Griffin you might go back 10 years to 1840 census if anything but numbers and look for yours and neighbor family in same house. Is this father and son or maybe brothers? Other neighbors might be spouses family.
                Good Luck.
                Jon P Czarowitz

[...]

                Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information