Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Marshall County, WV book on sale

  • TAMMY SLADE
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
      HELLO THANKS FOR GETTING ME THIS KIND OF INFO. THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT COULD YOU CHECK A FEW NAMES???

      IM DOING RESEARCH ON MY DADS PARENTS AND FAMILY THEY HAVE NOTHING... EXCEPT I THINK THEY ARE FROM MOUNT CRAWFORD, VIRGINIA AND SDHBY, ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA.

      HERMAN BELL B- 1874
      VERNIE WHITMER B- 1891
      CHARLES WHITMER B- 1865
      LUCY RHODES B-1859
      SAMUEL AND ANNA RHODES

      MY GRANDMOTHER WAS ADOPTED BY A GUY LAST NAME JOHNSON OR SMITH?? HER NAME IS GENEVA WASSO JOHNSON-SMITH. THATS ALL I KNOW ABOUT MY GRANDMOTHER... WEIRD HUH??? IF YOU CAN FIND ANY OF THESE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.... THANKS TAMMY

      Dee <donna_lee777@...> wrote:
      I was on ebay and found an excellent book up for
      auction. It's called "History of Marshall County West
      Virginia 1984" by the Marshall County Historical
      Society.

      I have this book and it's a wonderful resource for
      Marshall County ancestors. There are short
      biographies of many WV families.

      I have nothing to do with this auction - I just wanted
      to give a heads up.

      If anyone wants to check to see if their family name
      is included in the book, either send a note to the
      seller or drop me an email and I'll check.

      I also have a similar book for Wetzel County, WV and
      love it.

      Here is the link:

      http://tinyurl.com/7dlrh

      dee