Marshall County, WV book on sale

  • Dee
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      I was on ebay and found an excellent book up for
      auction. It's called "History of Marshall County West
      Virginia 1984" by the Marshall County Historical
      Society.

      I have this book and it's a wonderful resource for
      Marshall County ancestors. There are short
      biographies of many WV families.

      I have nothing to do with this auction - I just wanted
      to give a heads up.

      If anyone wants to check to see if their family name
      is included in the book, either send a note to the
      seller or drop me an email and I'll check.

      I also have a similar book for Wetzel County, WV and
      love it.

      Here is the link:

      http://tinyurl.com/7dlrh

      dee
    • TAMMY SLADE
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        HELLO THANKS FOR GETTING ME THIS KIND OF INFO. THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT COULD YOU CHECK A FEW NAMES???

        IM DOING RESEARCH ON MY DADS PARENTS AND FAMILY THEY HAVE NOTHING... EXCEPT I THINK THEY ARE FROM MOUNT CRAWFORD, VIRGINIA AND SDHBY, ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA.

        HERMAN BELL B- 1874
        VERNIE WHITMER B- 1891
        CHARLES WHITMER B- 1865
        LUCY RHODES B-1859
        SAMUEL AND ANNA RHODES

        MY GRANDMOTHER WAS ADOPTED BY A GUY LAST NAME JOHNSON OR SMITH?? HER NAME IS GENEVA WASSO JOHNSON-SMITH. THATS ALL I KNOW ABOUT MY GRANDMOTHER... WEIRD HUH??? IF YOU CAN FIND ANY OF THESE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.... THANKS TAMMY

        Dee <donna_lee777@...> wrote:
        I was on ebay and found an excellent book up for
        auction. It's called "History of Marshall County West
        Virginia 1984" by the Marshall County Historical
        Society.

        I have this book and it's a wonderful resource for
        Marshall County ancestors. There are short
        biographies of many WV families.

        I have nothing to do with this auction - I just wanted
        to give a heads up.

        If anyone wants to check to see if their family name
        is included in the book, either send a note to the
        seller or drop me an email and I'll check.

        I also have a similar book for Wetzel County, WV and
        love it.

        Here is the link:

        http://tinyurl.com/7dlrh

        dee