question about using sheets

  • Rhonda
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      Thanks for all the directions for finding needed sheets!
      Now I have a question, I am stumped...when doing the pedigree sheets, I put myself as #1, is there ever a time where you move down the line and put another person in #1 or is that what the other sheets are for? Like for example would I ever do one on a ggg-grandpa or someone like that?
      The family group sheets are mainly to have cousins brought into the mix correct.
      Are those questions clear as mud?
      Thanks again
      Rhonda

    • Dorothy Golden
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        You can put anyone in the number one slot, for instance the chart only goes back lets say 7 generations, and for your paternal fathers line you have a total of thirteen generations. You could start with your 2x 3x or 4xgreatgrandfather and get the whole line that you have traced. I honestly do this quit often because usually the 6 and 7 generation slots on the chart doesn't have room to put information except for names and the fact that I have traced many lines of my family. Just look at the charts as tools for yourself to use as you see fit. Happy Hunting and Enjoy Your Finds. Dorothy Copperas Cove Texas

      • Rhonda
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
          Thank you, I was hoping that would be something someone told me :) That's is what I want to do, not that I ma anywhere near that but since I am learning and have had so much help hear figured I'd asked while it was on my mind.
          Thanks
          Rhonda
          You can put anyone in the number one slot, for instance the chart only goes back lets say 7 generations, and for your paternal fathers line you have a total of thirteen generations. You could start with your 2x 3x or 4xgreatgrandfather and get the whole line that you have traced. I honestly do this quit often because usually the 6 and 7 generation slots on the chart doesn't have room to put information except for names and the fact that I have traced many lines of my family. Just look at the charts as tools for yourself to use as you see fit. Happy Hunting and Enjoy Your Finds. Dorothy Copperas Cove Texas

          Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

        • Dorothy Golden
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
            Your welcome.
            And enjoy learning about your family and your heritage. I am still having fun tearing down brick walls, which I actually did today. It is great and my family loves hearing about all that I find. My boyfriend on the other hand is a little worried that between his mother and myself we will find out that we are related in more than one line and earlier than the 1700's. Our families mostly originally settled in the same part of the country and most of his family stayed while mine went west. It is fun, and never be afraid to talk to a stranger for help. Dorothy Copperas Cove Texas