New to Group

  • glennbosworth
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hello all, I am new to the group , Name is Glenn. I am researching the
      Bosworth, Broomall, Decker, Kent, Workman, Grant, & Plumley family
      lines. All of Pennsylvania , New Jersey, area., I am just starting in
      my search , I am a novice at this , so any help that anyone has to
      offer will be greatly appreciated, Thank You.
    • Judy Ardine
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25 8:59 AM
        Welcome to the group, Cindy. I live in Michigan too. Ach, we all run into
        those brick walls. *sigh* Why not tell who and when your brick wall is,
        tell us what you do and/or don't know about him/her and maybe someone in
        the group will have some pointers for you and maybe even connect w/your family.

        I have two particularly frustrating brick walls:

        Robert EYRE b: 30 Jan 1649 (who knows where FOR SURE?), settled c 1682 in
        Bethel twp, Chester (now Delaware) cnty, PA, md: Ann SMITH. Who his parents
        were and where he "really" came from has baffled EYRE researchers for years
        and years. He most likely came from England, quite possibly from the
        Wiltshire area.

        My other "favorite" brick wall is Daniel CARR, b: c 1771 who knows where,
        showed up md: to Amy/Rachel HADSELL a few days prior to the 1778 Wyoming
        (PA) massacre, was taken prisoner by the Indians/British in a prelude to
        the massacre and was held prisoner for 7 years. Did he escape after 7
        years, was he traded or released after 7 years? He did return to his
        "family" but the only two children we know of are James Hadsell CARR b:
        1790 and Daniel[2] CARR b: 1795. Both having been b: after his return from
        captivity. Ole Daniel[1] is another who has baffled CARR researchers for
        years.

        Both of these men have multiple long time family researchers and they just
        are NOT giving up the information we crave.

        Judy
      • charlesrvines
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2008
          Good Morning,

          I am new to this group and thought I would introduce myself.

          I am Charlie Vines, I live in Garland, Texas which in the Northeastern
          part of Dallas County, Texas. I have been researching our family for
          about eight years. I am the administrator of The Vaden Family
          Genealogical Research Center (see link below). I am researching Vaden,
          Lloyd, Rogers, Clark, Barnes, and Stephens on my wife's side and Vines,
          Moxley, Shoemaker, Nash, Hayes, and others on my side. I also enjoy
          photographing cemeteries. Most of my time lately has been on building
          the Vaden Research Center and photographing cemeteries.

          Charlie Vines - Web Administrator
          Garland, Dallas County, Texas, USA
          charlies.genealogy@...
          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~vadenhis/index.htm
        • Randall Stackhouse
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
            Hi I am Randy! I was born and raised in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. I am working on a Large number of surnames, so I will Start off with my Grand parents & Great Grand parents and add other surnames as I am working on each file. So here are the first of these names;
            ALMON, FERRIS, HOWE, MERCER, STACKHOUSE