Genealogy Look Up Forum

  • monroecomi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2005
      I hope this is okay to post but thought some people would like to
      know about
      this. Hope it is helpful to someone.

      Genealogy Look Up Forum now has it's own genealogy chat room.
      There are
      so many people online who are looking for help seeking
      information on their
      family lines. This is a great way to actually chat with some live
      people who
      share the same hobby. Many who chat in the room are very helpful
      and have
      access to many resources. Other's give great suggestions on where
      and how
      to obtain your information. This can be an great learning
      experience for many
      people who are just beginning to research their ancestry. I would
      like to invite
      anyone who might be interested in trying out the chat room.

      You must register a user name and a password to join in the
      chats. Many ask
      why one should have to register. We do this because to make sure
      you have your
      own unique chatter ID. This also helps keep out porn bots or
      spammers out of
      the chat room. We do not need these kind of interuptions. We
      would like to keep
      your experience enjoyable.

      To join the chats, just go to the URL below and register. Once
      you are on the
      login screen box..click on the register button...it will take you
      to the next page
      so you can register. Once you have finished filling out the form
      with your information,
      click on the blue box that says register your account. Then
      shortly you will get
      a confirmation email that your account has been accepted. I hope
      your chat
      experience will be helpful and enjoyable.

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~genealogylookup/chatroom.html

      We do have volunteer chat HOSTS that do come and maintain the
      room to make
      sure things go smoothly or help you get use to the chat room
      features. Some do
      hold scheduled genealogy chats on certain types of topics. If
      anyone is interested
      in holding a scheduled chat on a certain genealogy topic. Please
      feel free to email
      me...tell me what the topic would be....your experience and
      knowledge on the topic
      and why it might benefit others.