Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Member intro...Downing

  • Kellie
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi Brenda,

      My Downing line starts here

      Adaline Downing
      Born: 30 Apr 1843
      Troy, Delaware, OH, USA

      and goes out a few like this

      William Downing
      Born: 13 Apr 1818
      Troy, Delaware, OH, USA

      Samuel Downing
      Born: 23 Aug 1785
      Lancaster, Lancaster, PA, USA

      and ends with Andy Downing

      Is this the same line???

      Kellie

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, brenda downing
      <brendafromthelab@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Kellie, I saw Downing on your list. Give me a few names perhaps I
      can be of help.

      > Brenda Downing
    • Kellie
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi Debbie,

        Adair...I have an Eliza Ann Adair married to a James M Dobbins in 1876
        This couple lived in the Utah, Nevada, Idaho areas

        Wall...I have a James Wall married to a Sarah Ann Dobbins in 1826 I
        don't have much info on James but Sarah was born in Virginia around 1800.

        Dobbins is direct for me...Adair and Wall would be by marriage.

        is there a connection?

        Kellie

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Cranford
        <phalxyz@y...> wrote:

        > These are in my family tree and would be glad to share...give me
        some names too along with where they lived if you know.

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Debbie Cranford

        > Adair, Wall,<<<<

      • Kellie
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
          Well...there could be if any of your Fletchers lead to the Idaho area,
          but my Nellie Fletcher don't appear on your list

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Tracing Footprints
          Genealogy <tracingfootprints@g...> wrote:

          > I have Fletcher in my line, but none of your other names match mine
          so I'm
          > thinking maybe it's a different family. I have most of mine listed on my
          > website. Go to the "My Research" section and let me know if you think we
          > have a connection.
          > Melanie
          > www.tracingfootprints.com <http://www.tracingfootprints.com>
        • brenda downing
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
            Hi Kellie;

            Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Where I thought I'd put that file turned out NOT to be where it was. Silly me.

            I'm not sure if the lines are related. Here's what I'v got.

            Timothy DOWNING, possibly from Ireland but just as likely from Mass. Born about 1696 and died around 1732.

            NOTE: The I, II, and III's you'll see are merely my way of keeping these people straight.

            His son ,James Downing I , born about 1721 and died 1762, married Susannah LNU (last name unknown). She was born around 1727 and died 1793. Her 2nd husband was Joseph WELLS.

            Their son, John DOWNING, born 10 May 1749 and died 17 Jan 1826. He married Sussannah Ann ELLIS born 8 Sept 1750 and died 6 Apr 1815.

            Their son, James DOWNING II, born 4 Nov. 1773 and died Nov. 1812, married Charity FURR.
            She was born 1772.

            Their son, James DOWNING III, born 1804, married Hannah KINNEY. She was born 18 Jul 1807.

            Their son, Francis Merle DOWNING, born 15 May 1846 and died 2 Dec 1911. He married Mary Elizabeth ALLISON. She was born 22 Oct 1848 and died 3 Aug 1925. They had the following children: Merle Francis, Alford (aka Alfred,Arta,Arthur), William,and Della or Delilah.

            Their son, Alford M., of Indiana was born 1866 and died 1 Feb 1942. His 3td wife was my grandmother, Verda Lois PICKETT (1901-1974) of Bloomingdale, Ind. When he married my Grandmother he used the name Arthur Arta DOWNING.

            Hopefully this will be of some use to you. Or someone else. If any of these porple are familar to any one out there let me know.

            Brenda

            General liability Family genealogy Genealogy research Free family genealogy

          • Kellie
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
              Hi Brenda,

              I don't see the relation...but there is a few names we have in common,
              another is Bateman. But even on there, I didn't find the connection.

              Oh, well