Re: Sources

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi Tina,

      I'm in somewhat the same situation as you are. I'm not using Legacy tho.
      I'm using FTM and PAF. What I've come up with the sources is to list the
      Source as for instance: Delaware cnty, PA Deed, then I use Notes to be more
      specific with the Deed identification number and the transcription or
      abstract of it. If it is secondary information, for instance, from a book,
      I put the book's ID in the source, i.e. title, author, etc. BUT I put the
      page number, and the quote in the Notes section. In other words, my Source
      information points the way but the Notes have the actual information. When
      I share my gedcom file the recipients are able to determine which sources
      are primary and which are secondary but they have to go to the source
      itself to glean the actual information. The good researchers will do just
      that and thus they are able to verify my work or disprove any mistakes I've
      made.
    • LDYTRAMP
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005

        > Annamari
        > Researching MO Miles family, KS Bone/Averill families, MT
        > Miles/Johnson/Hasselblad/Carter families, MI Hasselblad and Johnson
        > families

        this has nothing to do with sources but I noticed your note at the
        bottom and since I have a brick wall with this couple thought I would
        ask. MT Miles/Johnson do you know where in MT? My partenr's
        grandparents were Earl Vasey Myles and Cecil Mae Johnston(e) I know
        they are spelt differntly but they are close. Earl was born 1907 died
        1974. His mother keeps good records of her family but not his fathers
        family and his father has passed away. This family would be from the
        east side of Montana. Plentywood and Alzada. His father was born in
        Belle Fourche, South Dakota Oct. 3 1933 and was a JR.